[ Menu ]
1. Entries must be on high quality DVD disc (CD-Rom Discs will not be accepted) and must be made by students currently attending kindergarten through grade 12. Parents and teachers may assist, but professionally produced videos will not be accepted.
2. Videos may be of any length up to a maximum of 5 minutes (not including title or credits).
3. The title of your video, your name, grade, school, home address and phone number must be clearly marked on the cassette. Separate entries are allowed, but must be submitted on separate tapes with separate entry forms. A $5 entry fee (check or money order ONLY), payable to the Rod Serling Video Festival must be included with your entry. All entries must be postmarked by May 1 2013.
4. Your video will be returned if you supply a completely-addressed and postage-paid disc mailer with your entry.
5. Not all entries received will be shown at the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to show those videos it chooses and to reject any and all submissions which, in their opinion, are vulgar, obscene or pornographic.
6. All entries submitted shall become the property of the Binghamton City School District and, in addition to the Festival, may be shown by the District at various events including WSKG Public Television and educational conferences.
7. By signing the entry form attached here to, the student hereby represents that the video submitted is his/her original work and is not otherwise owned, created by, copyrighted, or trademarked by another individual or entity. The student also represents that if any music is used in the video, they have received the requisite permission to use the music. In the event the student violates either of the above rules, the student and parent agree to indemnify the Festival and the Binghamton City School District, its employees, volunteers and agents, and to hold them harmless for any loss suffered thereby.
8. By signing the entry form attached here to, the student agrees and understands that they will be receiving no monetary compensation for their video and/or performance therein.
9. Notification of winning entries will be posted on the festival website on or before May 10, 2013.
All possible care will be taken in handling entries. However, the Rod Serling Video Festival and the Binghamton City School District cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to videos. We encourage you to make a copy of your video before submitting it.
Entrants agree to allow the Rod Serling Video Festival and the Binghamton City School District to duplicate their video(s), in whole or in part, for use in Rod Serling Video Festival/ Binghamton City School District publicity, showing at special events, etc. Credit will be provided for each film maker where possible.
Questions about competition rules or policies may be directed to
Lawrence Kassan, Festival Directotor at (607) 762-8202 or